Our non-for-profit was founded on the idea of helping those in need. Ever since our organization was established, we have endeavored to provide help where the
need is greatest.
Our team is made up entirely of volunteers. We advocate for those who need our help. Even a little help goes a long way.
That is why we are especially happy to find new volunteers who share our commitment to doing good in the world. Do you want to support us by
helping with our work? Then do not hesitate to contact us. A helping hand is always greatly appreciated!
The Lake County Development Council was formed in 1958 to promote industrial development in Lake County. In 1972, due to increased
development of all types…
Council members decided to broaden their scope of interest to include “enhancing the quality of life” in Lake County.
While industrial development and expansion remain a principal interest and purpose, other Council objectives include:
- Promoting the interchange of ideas
on county issues
- Defining community problems needing
long- and short-term solutions.
- Uniting qualified persons and
appropriate organizations in an attempt to resolve respective community problems.
- Apprising the public of community
problems and solutions.
- Supplying leadership where it is
- Helping to establish and maintain
economic stability and personal opportunity in an enjoyable environment.
The Council meets at noon on the second Friday of most months. Everyone is welcome to attend. Make a reservation by contacting Melissa at
(440) 336-4355 or via email.
- Formed the Community Improvement
Corporation, an entity which approves industrial revenue bonds (1964);
- Helped initiate the Western Reserve
District of the Ohio Industrial Training Program, a state-funded organization which assists in the training of industrial employees (1980);
- Started the SBA 504 loan program
which provides low-cost, fixed rate loans to Lake County businesses (1983);
- Initiated discussions leading to the
formation of the Lake County Economic Development Center, created to develop and preserve employment in Lake County (1984);
- Formed a Lake County chapter of
SCORE (Service Corporation of Retired Executives), a nonprofit association which provides free management counseling (1985);
- Initiated the Lake County Visitors
Bureau, designed to attract greater tourism to the area (1987);
- Initiated the Community Development
Corporation formed to build homes for moderate income people (1993);
- Initiated workforce development
- Created the Annual Legislative
Breakfast held in February and the Economic Forum held in October;
- Provided seed money for forming the
“Center for Land Use Education” (CLUE), a resource for development decisions (2000);
- Initiated a county microloan program
with the Economic Development Center and the Board of Commissioners (2001);
- Created the International Folk
Festival held at Lakeland Community College (2003);
- Granted funds to the Lake Metroparks
- Granted funds to the Lake
Communities Corporation for housing rehab (2005);
- Helped obtain a grant to fund an
economic impact study for preservation of the grape industry and to determine the cost of government services to various land use types (2006);
- Received award for grape industry
job retention from Inside Business Magazine and Team NEO (2008).